Sun City - then and now

We had our last holiday at our timeshare in Sun City last week.  Hard to believe that in all likelihood we will not be visiting Sun City as a family again.  I had one MAJOR lump in my throat as we drove out the gates.

We have always been big fans of Sun City.  I first visited the place with my mom and dad as a 13 or 14 year old, when there was nothing there except the hotel, the Cabanas and the entertainment centre -  the Cascades, the Palace and the Valley of the Waves were but a twinkle in Sol's eye.  Quite what the attraction was at that stage I'm not sure!! 

When the timeshare was first developed we were among the first to buy and got the timeshare at a ridiculously cheap price, which has enabled us to spend holidays at Sun City almost every year since then.  Unfortunately the timeshare had a limited life-span and this year was the final year.  There is a new timeshare development now, but it's way out of our price range.

I know Sun City is not to everyone's taste, but we have loved our holidays there.  The Valley of the Waves is our "happy place" and the hours we have spent there will forever be among my favourite memories. 

So indulge me while I take a little stroll down memory lane:

Jan 1993 (pre-Paula!!)

Jan 1996 (post-Paula, smile)

Jan 1996

Jan 1999

Pops, Paula and Nana Jan 1999

Jan 2000

Paula, Gerda and Kate Jan 2002

Jan 2002


Jan 2003

Jan 2003

Jan 2004

Mar 2007

Mar 2007

Mar 2007

April 2009

Apr 2009

Apr 2009

Mar 2011

Mar 2011
Gerds, Kate (look how she's grown!), Pete and Luke

Paula and Cal, Mar 2012

Mar 2012

 

Comments

Moira said…
What memories Gill. You are all truly blessed to have had that for all thiose years!
Jenny in Durbs said…
I loved the photos down the years. We also spent a lot of fun years at Sun City especially seeing Queen & David Essex. enjoy your memories.