Saturday, March 10, 2012

My bucket list

A while back, a couple of years ago in fact, I made a list of 1001 things to do in 101 days, on this site.  I was so excited about the project that I created a blog for it.  Unfortunately, once my initial exuberance had worn off, I grew tired of it and slowly stopped working on my list.  Then one day in a fit of "the clean-ups", I deleted the blog.  Man I could kick myself!  I'd love to go back and see how many of the things I've managed to accomplish.   Of course what is even more frustrating is the fact that my list is still up on the site somewhere, but do you think I can remember my log-in details..... of course not!  I've tried every user name and password combination I can think of, but no luck!  How irritating!

One of the things on the list that I have managed to do was to see Van Gogh's Sunflowers in the National Gallery in London.  I've always had a bit of a thing for Van Gogh, I'm a sucker for a tortured personality and that he certainly was.    His Sunflowers are beautiful and I'm really glad I made the effort to go and see them.  It was definitely a "Bucket List" item that I can now scratch off.

I'm sure it will come as no surprise that most of my Bucket List is travel related.  I have the travel bug SO badly!  Here's a peek at what is still on my list:

*Hire a villa in Tuscany and spend at least a year there, immersing myself in the beauty, culture, language and food of the area.  Remember this post?  Well I still carry the dream in my heart!  I've read all of Frances Mayes books and would love to have a second home in Tuscany like she has.

*Visit Croatia.  I defy you to read the brilliant blogger Corey's blog posts which you can find here and here and not come away with a burning desire to visit Croatia!

*See the Northern lights

*Spend a holiday exploring the lavender fields of Provence:





*Write a book.  I know that's very cliched, but really, since I was a very little girl, I have wanted to write a book.

The lovely Jeanne of Cooksister fame is responsible for a further two travel-related items on my bucket list:

*Hire a villa in Corfu for a couple of weeks.  How could you not fall in love with Corfu when you have read this blog post?

*Go to the Oktoberfest in Munich.  Jeanne has written a couple of blog posts on the Oktoberfest, here's one of them: Oktoberfest, essential info.  The plan is that Ralph and Michelle will join Grant and I at the Oktoberfest in 2017 to celebrate Ralph, Grant and my 50th birthdays :-)

So what's on your bucket list?


2 comments:

allie. said...

I can SO relate to the list making, then forgetting there was even a list!!
I have had so many projects and similar things I "decided" to do - and they didnt last 5 mions.
I get SO frustrated with myself - it helps to know I'm not the only one!

I too love the Tuscany idea of staying in a place like that (must be Italy though!) for a long time.

One of my daughters could recently cross off seeing the Northern Lights - she had that incerdible experience a couple of weeks ago.

Please make a new list!
I'm going to try to make one for myself (if I can remember long enough that I want to do that :-))

Lynette said...

I think my bucket list would also be travel related. There is just so much I still want to do and see. LOL! Life just gets in the way.

Dealing with grief

I just read this amazing blog post by a mom who recently lost her baby. She gives real, practical examples of what to do/say to someone wh...