Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's my Blogging Birthday!!!


My blog is having its birthday! I can’t believe it’s a year since I posted my first, rather inauspicious, post.

What a fun journey it has been! I’ve “met” some incredible people through my blog and I’ve become a regular visitor to numerous other amazing blogs. Blogging has become such a meaningful and enjoyable part of my daily life.

I think what I like most about blogging is that it’s something I do entirely for myself. As a mom, I find that I often become swamped by family issues, it sometimes feels as though everything I do is about, one or other family member, never about me. My blog is something that helps me find myself again, it’s a little oasis of peace for me, in amongst the washing, meals, work and shopping that make up my day.

In honour of my blogging birthday I browsed through my blog to see what I have posted about over the last 12 months and a couple of posts jumped out at me:

My very favourite post - My Bundu Bashers

Probably the most surprising post of the year - One Cute Stationary Bike


The post that every woman should read - Inflammatory breast cancer


I then tried to pick my top ten favourite blogs, but failed miserably – there are just so many good blogs out there, so please have a look at my blog roll (a little further down on the left) to see ALL of my favourites and then hop on over to visit those sites!

6 comments:

sognatrice said...

Happy blogiversary! Great idea to link to some of your most memorable posts throughout the year--I may have to steal that idea when my first blogiversary rolls around :)

Hsien Lei said...

Congratulations! Cheering you on to another productive and fun blogging year. :)

Kerri said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Laura said...

Happy 1st blogniversary! It's been fun playing FF with you! Toasting to another year of good blogging!

Fifi said...

Whaaaaaaahooooooo!
Happy 1st Birthday Girl! So glad we met! I feel the same about why I have a blog!
We bought a house this weekend in Natal, so hopefully we move down in Jan'08.
Now...... why is my name not on the list of blogs you visit!?!?huh? Do yo have a problem with me?ah...hmmm!teehee
Hugs!

Sue said...

Happy belated blog b-day!!! :)

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...